Thursday, November 15, 2007

Ouch time (again)

Got back out of hospital yesterday after getting the right hip sorted. I feel drained and sore. Last night, even though I was in my own bed I took ages to drift off to sleep, that said, I did sleep ok when I eventually fell into slumber.

The operation was done by my consultant at the Nuffield private hospital to cut down on the NHS waiting etc, the NHS paid - bless them! The thing is, private hospitals are lonely places, there's no common or smoke room at the end of the ward, I'd have gladly braved cigarette smoke for some company. my room was ok, en suite with a small portable tv, sadly it was situated near the main ward reception desk, so not all that quiet with room alarms going off regularly.

Nurses are no different in private hospitals, no less busy, apart from one who was a total idle cow. On the whole they do a marvellous job and in fairness I was a moaning git after the op with all the pain. So, private hospitals, apart from the food being only marginally better aren't really any different from NHS ones, more soulless perhaps.

So, here is a photo of my lovely bruising I took a couple of hours ago, it's spreading nicely down my leg!



2 comments:

Mysti said...

Hi there! I've been reading your blog for a while and enjoy it. I'm obviously a first time poster...

Ouch indeed! I hope your recovery is fast and gentle. Take it easy on yourself. :)

liits said...

Your consultant was obviously different to the hack who gummed my ear back on. It doesn't look like they shaved your leg at all and yet Dr Crippen shaved me almost from arsehole to breakfast time!