Thursday, November 22, 2007

Footy

I'm not a great lover of football. Sure, I watch World and European cups and enjoy the occasion, I also look out for the Notts County result come Saturday. It occured to me last night whilst watching the England Vs Croatia European qualifier that it's always expected that we win or qualify every single time. Well yes, thats the name of the game I hear you all say.

The thing is, it seems to be always read that England qualify or reach a tournament, it's just unthinkable to lose. It is always a case of 'We are England - we should be there' irrespective of if we actually play crap football along the way which results in us not qualifying, I just hate the 'we should be there no matter what because we are England' mentality.

I'm as patriotic as the next Englishman, I love to see us win, mainly because its bloody good for national morale, lets be honest we don't have much to celebrate these days do we?

So this time for the European qualifiers we didn't play so well, but thats sport, you win some - you lose some, to cap it all we got our arse kicked last night and we are out of the European cup.

Reality check.

So today we sack our manager and will most probably take on another foreign manager in the next few days, who of course we will over pay - and so the circle goes on.

No comments: