Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Used Emotions

The friend

'This is your life, Right here, Right now. This is real time... not rewind. Do you understand what I'm saying... she doesn't love you. Maybe she did once, I don't know, but she doesn't now. These are used emotions. It's time to trade them in.'

My friends tone becomes more gentle.

'Memories were meant to fade. They're designed that way for a reason.'

I crumple a bit, I know I have to let go but it's so painful

Me

'Have you ever been in love with somebody who didn't return that love?'

The friend sighs and says in a low voice and says

'Yeah I have'

Me

'It didn't stop you from loving them Right? Or understanding them, or being able to forgive them...?'

The friend

'I guess'

Me

'And it didn't stop you from wanting to protect and care about them did it?'

The friend

'No it didn't'

Eyes brim with tears but nobody wants to wipe them away...

No comments: