Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Drive

At around 10.55am this morning I heard those sweet words 'I'm pleased to inform you that you have successfully passed your driving test'.
I trembled, my heart raced and the adrenaline hit me, its taken me 4 attempts to pass.
It was a lovely day out, not a cloud in the sky and the light breeze on my face felt good.
It's been a long hard road though, I'd taken 2 hasty tests before my operation in March earlier this year, I really wasn't ready but I thought I'd chance it anyway, then of course there was the pain I was in before my operation, sitting still for so long whilst driving wasn't easy. I took my 3rd test about 6 weeks ago and nerves got the better of me, and like an idiot I got into a distracting chat with the examiner which didn't do my concentration any favours.
This morning though there seemed to be a change in the air, I really felt focused and ready, yesterdays lesson nerves had seemingly receded, usually I really screw up on lessons just before the test.
So, after a quick hours drive this morning before the test I felt eager, hungry to get on with it. I kept repeating the mantra 'keep calm, listen to the examiner and read the road ahead'.
I kept the chit chat to traffic lights, I concentrated, I repeated the mantra.
I passed. I hugged my instructor when I got out of the car, I shook the examiners hand vigorously.
Summer never felt so good.

3 comments:

liits said...

Congratulation and welcome to the club! [That is those of us who are now taxed to the bollox with insurance, road fund license, 86% surcharge on petrol, parking charges] You may have to sell your new tin leg to pay for it all!

lolly said...

Congratulations!!

MrsMunchkin1 said...

Well done!
I shall eat a jaffa cake in celebration!
(just like to point out that I passed first time, and yes, I am gloating!!!!!!!)