Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Once more unto....

I saw my consultant last Friday regarding the progress of my hip replacement.

Well to be succinct there's good news and sort of bad news. The good news is that the previous op has almost healed fully and to their mild surprise bone has actually grown around some of the metal fittings and kind of encased them. Why couldn't my bones have grown a bit more when I was bloody younger! So, anyway all is good with the new hip and it feels good too.

My right hip joint though has been causing me severe grief over the last three weeks, I use my right side for driving too and when I was last driving I really felt quite sore. On Friday they did more x-rays (that's how we knew the bone had grown over the fittings) and they showed my right him was fast deteriorating. So after a chat with my consultant it seems they want to operate within the next 18 weeks.

Deep down I'm happy about this, I want to be rid of the pain once and for all and get on with my life which is really coming together right now. The thing that makes me feel down is the fact I have to go through the ordeal all over again! Yes, I know its for the best and in a scant few weeks I'll be feeling really good, it's just it isn't a pleasant process and right now I really want to be getting on with things.

Common sense prevails though, it needs to be done, then both hips should be ok till I'm retired.

The pain I'm in now isn't nice, I don't like taking painkillers either, so I guess it's time to brace myself once more and ready myself for the letter with the operation date.

No comments: