Thursday, January 04, 2007

Dullsville

I was in Birmingham last Thursday for a day out, a very uneventful one at that. I didn't get chance to see much of the city because of time constraints and the weather was lousy too. shame as I'm sure it is a big place and has different areas such as Broad Street, the canals and the Jewelry quarter etc. So I only really got to see the Bull Ring Shopping area and Rag market but managed to bag a Frank Miller book in Nostalgia and Comics, also had some excellent noodles in wagamama's which was pretty heaving with sales shoppers. Compared to recent excursions it was pretty dullsville but I'm sure I shall return in the future perhaps. I found there was plenty of our East European friends there, especially when I tried asking for directions, I think the first two I spoke to were from Poland and said 'sorry I don't speak English', I felt like saying 'why?' but I'm far too polite for that, then there was an American religeous nut and eventually I found an English speaking person...... who wasn't sure on the directions!
I've been to Birmingham a few times and trained for my last job there, just never got around to seeing the city itself on foot.
As you can see from the photo below taken outside of the Bull Ring shopping centre, it was a grey day indeed.

And here is a photo of a crane for my friend Pat, just to show him how it's done!

No comments: