Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Raveonettes



I recently stumbled upon a fab cd in selectadisc in Nottingham, never heard anything by the The Raveonettes before but liked the cd cover so bought it – I’m fickle like that! Anyway, it turned out to be a real gem and I can’t stop playing it, the paragraph below is from their official website but explains their style better than I could. On listening to the first couple of tracks I was unsure then suddenly I was hooked when I heard the tracks ‘love in a trashcan’, ‘Sleepwalking’ and ‘Twilight’.

'Stylish, confident, and, frankly, slightly menacing, the Raveonettes--Sune Rose Wagner and Sharin Foo--made their mark on the emerging new garage-rock scene in 2002 with a flair for the dramatic. Their image was pure '50s retro-cool: lanky, dark-haired Sune and six-foot blonde glamazon Sharin wore black leather and sat astride motorbikes. The Danish duo doused their stripped-down songs about sex, suicide, and prostitution with noisy, fuzzed-out guitar, sweet boy-girl harmonies, and sleazy surf-punk twang. It sounded like a clash between Mods and Rockers if the brawl had taken place on the set of California beach movie.'

http://www.theraveonettes.com/

No comments: