Monday, September 19, 2005

One year old

I didn’t realise till I went into my blogger statistics that my blog is just over a year old, it’s passed so quick and been very enjoyable. It’s only fair that I give my fellow bloggers a mention, tell you a bit about them and their blogs as we’ve all been reading and commenting on each others blogs over the last year.

My blog isn’t really a blog that attracts a huge amount of traffic, its something personal that a few people read and remark upon. I’ve not really sought to go out there and lure people here, it’s my space and I’m indifferent if people read its content or not, ok I’m lying – please leave a comment!
In reading other peoples blog’s I’ve noticed they are all diverse and almost all are interesting to read to a degree, some are a source of news whilst others are personal journeys, most offer what we humans call ‘Inspiration’. The blogging world is a fantastical journey of information, expression, opinions, empathy, confessionals, self healing disclosures and lastly laughter.
Here are some blogs I read almost daily -
Pat's blog

Firstly it was my friend Pat that got me into Blogging, he kept mentioning his blog till I got nosey and enquired what a ‘blog’ was. In my blog infancy Pat was there to help out and also to dispense his cynical wisdom. Pats blog is eclectic, cynical, diverse, political and very witty. It’s a no frills blog with personal comments and current affairs criticisms with the odd review or revelation thrown in for good measure. Even though Pat gave me a helping hand in the early days with the odd bit of html he blatently nicked my 'daily quotes' idea. Check his blog out here.
Serendipity's blog

The next blog up is Serendipity. She’s a local girl that lives down the road from me and ironically we’ve never met. I stumbled upon her blog whilst browsing local blogs and her articulate style and comments caught my interest. Serendipity’s blog is one firmly based around therapeutic disclosure and personal events, it’s a journey of her feelings and experiences in day to day life. Sometimes its very noir, others it’s inspirational. Give it a read and click here.
Shep's blog

A blog I certainly must mention is ‘Shep’s’. I first started reading Shep’s blog through a link on Pat’s page and immediately warmed to it. It’s witty, fresh and different everyday – there’s always something new to read. There’s usually a post everyday, most posts are laced with brevity and wit. Some of his comments on my blog have had me grinning broadly and laughing out loud, especially his sardonic comment on my Beatles blog. Go and check Shep’s blog out here.
Em's Blog

Last up for a mention but certainly not least is ‘Em’s’ blog. If ever you need to know anything about London, she’s your girl. Some of her post’s feel and read like they’ve been lifted out of a London tour guide and are fascinating and insightful to read, very descriptive and detailed. Em’s isn’t a regular blogger but when she does a post on one of her journeys through the capital it’s always done with a real zest for the place. I’ve not got the heart to tell her that the capital is now Nottingham and not London !!! Take a read of Em’s blog here.

Ok for these favourable mentions send all cheques to hobbits-journal at ……

2 comments:

pat said...

pah - you like qt - steal and steal ideas.
at least you make them a little better than qt does.

oddly i only just noticed i had gone over a year doing it.

ems said...

Well, your description of my blog has lifted my spirits after a crap day at work - thank you!

I obviously dispute your suggestion that Nottingham is the real capital!