Saturday, May 28, 2005

Vegas


Johhny Vegas in ‘18 stone of idiot’ had me laughing my pants off Friday night 10.15pm after Big Brother. Vegas seemed to have had a pot or two before the show and fired up to entertain. Usually I can take or leave Vegas and in some other things of late he hasn’t been allowed to shine so it should be interesting to see how he fares in his own show with a live audience. He certainly had be in hysterics with his crude humour and riotous shenanigans especially when he jumped over Ray Winstone on a bike and plunged into a crash mat only to rise to the strains of ‘I could be so good for you’. It was television without rules and I loved it. I can’t wait to see how the ‘Celebrity lock in’ will unfold. Do yourself a favour and tune in for a large slab of Mr Vegas!

1 comment:

Shep said...

My old flatmate Tim was in the Paul Whitehouse BBC2 comedy Happiness, which also starred Jonny. He related 2 different occasions where he was out drinking with Vegas.

First, was where most of the cast were drinking all afternoon/evening and as it wore on, someone noticed Jonny wasn't saying anything. "You alright,Jonny?" my mate asked him. "I'm in trouble." was all Vegas said, before boke-ing out a little bit of what my mate describes as 'baby-sick' onto his own lapel.

On the second occasion, once more out drinking, Jonny confided in my mate that he was "Gonna be sick.". "Oh God," said Tim, "well, just lift up one of those cushions in the corner of the sofa and be sick there and then cover it with the cushion..."

"I've done that already." said Jonny, lifting up the corner cushion to show him the sick underneath.