Sunday, May 08, 2005

Alone

Being ill the last few days has made me realise a lot if things. I’ve only had a really bad cold/flu that left me feeling really drained of energy, even my fingers ached. At first you want to be left alone to wallow in self pity in your bed, alone with your pain, sniffles and thoughts but that doesn’t last. It made me reflect on the time I spent in hospital last year, even though there were people about I felt alone but not as alone as I’ve felt in the last few days at home. The end result is it made me think of others that are truly lonely and how they must feel, the people out there that have nobody to turn to, people that spend everyday alone – how truly sad that must be. I’m going to remember this time trapped alone with my thoughts and make damn sure when someone I care for is ill or alone for some reason – I’ll be there for them.

1 comment:

pat said...

a noble sentiment. i almost feel guilty placing this comment here.

whenever i am ill i make sure i get into work as i feel that everyone else should suffer my misery. if i am going to be on my tod it might as well be quality time i am spending with myself.