Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Soured

Celebrity love island just does not work for me, sure I love my celeb's and reality tv but this show sucks. Twelve already spoilt ‘B’ list celebs being pampered on an island in Fiji set in opulent surroundings and sprinkled with decadence is going a bit far. Why couldn’t they have just sent members of the public, normal overweight, ginger haired, bespectacled, neurotic and flat broke people to this island? Would have been far more fun and far less predictable. Of course the celeb’s will no doubt be looking to promote themselves to the full whilst protecting their image, the whole thing reeks of shallow and false. Paul Dannan (who?) commented about the press and media to Abi Titmuss quoting something along the lines of them being intrusive and always wanting to expose them etc. Hang on a minute Paul – aren’t you in the media spotlight with this tatty show??? Lets face it without the press, media and the endless stream of gossip mag’s these celebs wouldn’t be that much anyway, some are already little known outside of their trendy London club and wine bar circuit anyway. This show has definitely soured my taste for reality tv – still, at least we have channel 5’s class show ‘The Farm’.

1 comment:

ems said...

Ha, ha! Now, having read of your love for reality TV I did actually 'tune in' to see if there was any mention of Celebrity Love Island.
TV really isn't my thing but I caught a few snippets yesterday as Colin flipped the channels. I probably recognised fewer people than on the Farm and had even less interest.
I don't quite see how you are going to meet love on a totally manufactured programe in which people are all out to make themselves look good in front of the cameras. Would I trust these people? NO!
(Although I will admit I thought Lee Sharpe seemed quite alright (I'm ok at identifying footballers past and present)).