Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Middle Earth Mojo

As some readers and friends know I love playing Lord of the Rings Online or Lotro as it's abbreviated to by gamers in the community. Recently though I've not been playing as much, I feel like I've lost my mojo for it a little. There's been some changes within the game regarding the crowd of people I used to hang out with or 'Kinship' as they are known within the game. Within our kinship we had dwindled down to a core few players and the odd casual player popping in occasionally so we decided to merge with a larger more organised kinship. Our own leadership had largely lost interest and the remaining officers within the kinship began to lack motivation and this of course began to affect others. Added to this many had left the game to join the new Star Wars Old Republic massively multiplayer online role play game or 'mmorpg's as they are known.

So, after a meeting where we all had our say in an online group chat we merged with the new kin though my Dutch friend made me smile when he said sardonically he thought it was more an 'upgrade' than a merge. Things seem to have settled though the old kinship remains in limbo with some players remaining in it, which seems a sad situation but they did have the option to move with us. I'm not sure if we should have tried to re-structure and re-brand or the the merge was the best way to go. Either way with all the recent activity I felt I needed a break from it as I was just logging on and staring at the screen bereft of enthusiasm. I suspect a break will do me good and will only be for a short time anyway as I do have a genuine passion for the game and I'd miss the people I hang out with. Most reading this won't have a clue what I am rambling about. I'm a sad geek, I admit it!

No comments: