Tuesday, March 15, 2011

As Days Go

As days go today wasn't a bad one. The morning started with the walk to the train station, the castle was shrouded in a misty haze of sorts but it wasn't cold. I'd anticipated sun so switched to a hooded body warmer graced by my 'mini' ruck sack as I call attached to my back.

I'd discovered my Sony psp in a draw last night and decided to take it with me today to kill those boring travel moments. Imagine my glee on the train when I realised there were some episodes of Babylon 5 in mp4 format on the memory stick! To add to the good start to the day was an appearance of the 'Chocolate' (no she's no brown!) girl as I call her waiting on the platform, as usual we exchange looks, smile a little and flirt a bit with eye contact until the train arrives.

The mood in the homeless centre is muted but not pessimistic, most of the service users seem to have come to terms with its closure even if they deservedly aren't happy about it. The other staff seemed jovial today and there's talk of going for drinks on Friday when it closes, an emotional time for certain I suspect.

Nottingham seems to be a city in a transitional phase, almost like everyone is waiting with baited breath to see what happens in the future. Shops seem to be closing, facilities are closing, council cuts are certain and I think people are seeing what comes through the other side.

I head for the train station mid afternoon, it's not been a bad day at all I muse to myself, made better by some drop dead gorgeous women that Nottingham seems to have an abundance of. After a subdued couple of weeks my morale is rising slightly even though I know testing times lay shortly ahead. I think of my friend that's having a tough time of late through bereavement and hope all is going as well as can be expected for him.

But the positive day doesn't end there, I find an old external hard drive that I no longer have cables for but suspect may have some interesting stuff on. Then I realise I live about 4 doors from a computer shop so pop it around there. The man inside has suitable adapter and cable. We haggle and agree a price and then I go home to see whats on it, and my suspicions are right, it does indeed have some good stuff stored on it.

So there you go, a bit of a blog about nothing in particular apart from what a hobbit does on an average day.

No comments: