Thursday, February 18, 2010

Traveller's Tales

Well here I am sat in a cyber cafe in Bugibba, Malta. Today I've been to Mdina, called the silent city because there's no cars there (though there is a few). It's a beautiful place, winding alley ways, lots of quiet nooks with an amazing view overlooking the island. Then it was off into Sliema for some retail therapy and food.


The hotel is ok, the staff are friendly. Initially on arriving at our hotel we were told there had been some sort of flood and had to be transferred to a sister hotel. My heart sank and I thought 'here we go!' but after arriving at the second hotel and venting our displeasure we were promptly upgraded to fully inclusive.


The resort of Bugibba is quiet but it is off season, there's some good little bars though and the local beer 'Cisk' is smooth and refreshing. I'm also enjoying 'Kinnie' which is the preferred soft drink on the island.


I think the weather has been touching between 65 and 70 today, lovely and warm, and oh those Maltese girls!!! I've found a tattoo shop nearby, looks very professional and I'm gonna check out tatts and prices in the next day or so and treat myself to one maybe.


So there you go, a little blog from the wandering hobbit in Malta, photos to follow when I get home!

1 comment:

DK said...

wow, envious! Have a great time.