Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Mike Flowers Pops

I'm currently really into 'The Mike Flowers Pops'. I've always liked a bit of lounge music and was aware of Mike Flowers back in the mid 90s with his cover of Wonderwall. It was only yesterday as a result of a previous conversation with a friend (Drew!) that I decided to look Mr Flowers up, and I'm glad I did. Here's his ultra cool cover of the Oasis track 'Wonderwall' below;



Whilst at the project I'm involved with in Nottingham today (It's a music shop) I found Mike Flowers to my elation on CD and promptly bagged it, as seemingly his stuff isn't easy to come by nowadays. Anyway, I played it in the shop and both customers and staff loved it! Oasis gave the nod for the cover to be released back in the 90s because they liked the arrangment so much, and music critics really rate his other covers, personally I think they're super cool, not my normal taste I'll admit but damn cool all the same - I'm a fan, enough said!

No comments: