Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Castle Pub, Newark - Epilogue.

So, The Castle pub, what happened next? Well the manager apologised to my old man and vice verse, fair play to the manager on that score. I believe my old man does plan to go back in to see a friend play there in the near future. As for me, I'm pretty sure I won't be welcome but it's not the end of the world, there's other places to frequent, cheaper ones at that.

The purpose of this blog is to clear up a few loose ends and respond to a couple of exaggerations.

Firstly I have to point out I was on good terms with the management of the Castle before the previous blog/incident. The fact that I decided to blog about events wasn't the result of some long standing feud or disagreement, I wanted to make what I felt were valid points. Which as a consumer I'm allowed to do, there may have been a little fire and brimstone in what I said but it wasn't a personal attack on either of them, when I feel strongly about something, I act on it, especially when it regards someone I care about. I don't bear the management any malice or ever did, this isn't some silly vendetta or feelings of hatred.

I still think the pricing policy is wrong, and I'm not alone in that but I accept that's just the way things work sometimes - however it doesn't make it right does it? Seemingly most people are apathetic these days regarding such things and prefer to pay or sit on the fence. Ok pubs can charge what they want, and drinking out is quite pricey these days but I think people should be at least made aware they are paying more for a half, then they can decide what to do.

As for urging people not to drink in the Castle, I can see how that looks, and for my part I'll retract that, people can make up their own minds, though if asked about my feelings on the pub I will of course say my bit, though I won't be saying 'don't drink there' I'll be saying 'make your own opinions on the place/management'.

I still feel the manager handled the situation wrong but he's apologised so there's no need for me to carp on about that.

Silly rumours. Despite not going in the Castle, word does reach me of events, printed copies of my blog going around, stories of me slamming doors on the managers wife etc. Firstly they can circulate my blog as much as they want, that's the whole point of it, so I ought to thank them really. Secondly, there wasn't any door slamming at all, I held the door open, then when his wife had passed by I looked at a friend, grinned and made out I was going to slam it, so let's separate fact from fiction here, no actual door slamming took place.

On the grounds of my last blog, of course I can see why I'm not popular with the management, it's understandable but for my part now, what's done is done, there's no vitriol or hatred and there hasn't been any confrontations or anyone kicking off, I don't work that way anyway.

So that is it really. I'm never going to shy away from blogging on something I feel strongly about because I've never been a fence sitter, and never will be but as far as I am concerned now the matter is closed.

No comments: