Wednesday, September 09, 2009

That difficult day.

And so it comes around again, four years since my mum died. I woke feeling like I'd not slept well but resolute; I needed to put things behind me in some respects, ever the pragmatist. Part of me wanted to not mention anything but I felt I ought to have some reference to the day, even on my Facebook status. So I typed away and from nowhere the tears fell suddenly, not a deluge, just a few.

The rest of the day was positive, I walked past the church and felt like going inside, just for the peace and quiet to collect my thoughts but I can't be hypocritical as I loathe mainstream religion, especially in a pushy dictatorial sense.

Then later in the day, things took an ironic turn, whilst watering my dad's plants (he's on holiday) I was happy, seeking solace in the colours and fauna, I collected my thoughts, felt content with how positive the day had gone, then who should appear but two Jehovah's witnesses. Bad timing.

Hobbit's like me are quite capable of mixing fire and brimstone with sardonic wit and dynamic rationality on occasions and those boys stepped into a world of wake up call.

I digress, I will blog about that some other time. Needless to say I feel I have moved on from mourning, time is indeed a great healer, memorie remain but not so raw. I resolved today to look back and remember the good times, and in future that will be prevalent. Usually on mum's birthday or the day she died I scan an old photo and do something melancholy, but not anymore, besides I've not even rigged my new pc up to the printer as yet, but perahaps on her birthday in December I can do something more fitting.

Sorry if this blog seems pragmatic, devoid of emotion or lacking somewhat, it's just how I feel.

No comments: