Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New Toy

Well today I went and got myself a laptop/notebook. I've been looking for one for sometime and keep pricing them up and comparing them. A shop very close to me had one in the window and after seeing the same model online I'd thought I'd go in and ask the spec, see if it was the same as the one I'd been viewing online of late. It was and according to the guy the display model was the only one left. Haggling time and at first the guy seemed reluctant. I persisted, found a cosmetic scratch, told him I could get it cheaper online but ideally preferred to stimulate the local economy and small local businesses that needed trade! He started to cave in and rang his manager, and then came back with a further £20 reduction - result! off to the bank I popped to get the cash and now I have it, an acer aspire one. Not the best ever laptop but it's tiny, very portable and has a 120gb hard drive, dual core atom processor and 512mb ram, it'll be great for work and surfing whilst out and about.

No comments: