Monday, February 02, 2009

Charlie Chuck

If there was one day last month that made me laugh so hard it was the night I saw veteran comedian and surrealist Charlie Chuck at ‘Just the Tonic’ at the Approach pub in Nottingham. I’ve long been a fan of Charlie from his stints on the James Whale show and later with Vic and Bob on the Smell of Reeves and Mortimer as ‘Uncle Peter’. I pretty much knew what I was letting myself in for as Charlie’s act is very tried and trusted but if it’s not broken, why fix it?

It’s the whole Charlie Chuck experience that makes you laugh, the facial gesticulations, the coughing, the wiping of his curly framed brow; it is pure comedy escapism of the surreal kind. I must also mention that the support act of Gary Delaney was also hilarious with some very topical and truly evil one liners.

Below is the 2001 commercial Charlie did for Cadbury’s Double Decker chocolate bar. Totally bonkers!

No comments: