Saturday, August 02, 2008

A Week On

Well a week has passed since I reached forty and in all honesty I don't feel any different, but then again I knew I wouldn't. Last Saturday was just an amazing night up in my local, the Fox and Crown. Almost everyone I invited came to my 40th party and it was a cracking evening. The only downside was it must have been the hottest night of the year so far!
Booba Dust (the band that played) performed brilliantly in what was excessive heat, the staff at the Fox did an amazing job keeping everybody served and fed and my old man even played 'Forever Young' on his guitar during the bands interval.
It was such a special night being surrounded by friends and family, and no, I didn't get drunk either!
Thanks to everyone that came and thanks for all the gifts!

No comments: