Friday, August 08, 2008

Olympics

I have to say I was awestruck by the Olympic opening ceremony in Beijing. The firework footprints to the birds nest stadium were absolutely amazing. It was not only a celebration of the Olympics but a celebration of the Chinese culture, one of the worlds oldest.
China have really set the benchmark with the panoply and pageantry of this years ceremony. My dad joked as we watched it that 'Chas and Dave' will probably open the London Olympics in 2012!
For me this was the most amazing ceremony I've ever seen, and to be there and witness it on the 08/08/08 would have surely been something.
When mankind can come together like this and share its achievements together beyond differences and religion it really is encouraging and heart warming.
* Chas and Dave are English folk singers from London who have little talent.

No comments: