Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Nottingham Eye

I went to see the Nottingham Eye yesterday as it's only there till next week. It's quite impressive and fills the market square. It costs £5 for a ride of 5 revolutions which are quite slow so you get chance to take in all the surrounding cityscape. I'm not going to say it was totally amazing as in truth Nottingham isn't a city of landmarks like London but then again it does have its own stadiums, churches and lots of other unique buildings with lots of history such as the castle (another blog there me thinks!). I know one thing, due to the biting wind it was bloody cold when you reached the top. Enjoy the photos, and there's even a short video of the eye too, though the sound shows how windy it was! thanks to my friend James and his phone for the video.



Opposite the market square and council house



Opposite the Council House clock and below some views of the city.


No comments: