Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Cor Blimey Guv'nor

The second boys away day with Gary being over from Hong Kong was a trip down to London, only a brisk 1 hour and 2o mins on the train, have a cuppa and read the paper and you're pulling into Kings Cross.
My first mistake of the day was telling Gary about the Harry Potter 9 and something platform just outside one of the entrances of the station. I was harangued till I took him there for a photo under the platform sign pushing the trolly through the wall, just so he could show the Chinese Harry Potter fanatics back home. I joked a Brian Potter platform from the Tv Series Phoenix nights would be more to my liking.
After that we headed down to the tube and onto Oxford Street, Down Berwick street where there are some fab cheap cd shops before meandering around China Town for a while and taking some photos.
Then it was off to my beloved Camden for some really blister inducing retail therapy. We were definately on a mission and hit shop after shop in search of clothing. I bagged a lovely hoody top from Cyberdog and several t-shirts from the several markets. We had some lovely Chinese food from the Stables market area before sitting down for a coffee and the second round of shopping. Ideally I wanted to do Covent Garden too but we just didn't have the time.

Later I managed to fit in a quick coffee with my old friend Pat at Starbucks near Kings Cross before we both exhaustedly caught the train home at 7pm - I must do London more often, perhaps a weekend in Camden even.


Somewhere in Soho ;-)


Somewhere in China Town


Dragonfly wall in Camden

Gary at Camden Lock

2 comments:

liits said...

A week in Camden! Are you fukin' mad? I spend most of my working day in either King's Cross or Camden Town. KX was, at one time a shit-hole crack den full of sex workers [sorry, work speak creeping in, that should read prostitutes]. Now it's coming up in the world with the impending opening of the new St Pancras International [so KX is soon to bere-envigorated with French sex workers!]. Camden Town would be a fine place if it had a wall built around it and my colleagues and I could sort out all the Somalli drug dealers, boy racer Bengalli youths and bull terrier owning chav estate scum-bags. Sadly, our lords and masters and the Lib-Dem Camden Council won't let us. Other than that, NW1 is a fine place [was that irony, bullshit or French perfume I smelled????]

Hobbit's Journal said...

Feel free to show me the better places !!!