Monday, November 20, 2006

Only in America



Japanese and Americans are going mad for the new next generation console from Sony, the Playstation 3. It was realeased in Japan a couple of weeks ago to patient disciplined queues outside Japanese shops, Gary my friend that lives in Hong Kong rang me at 5am the other Sunday to tell me he'd managed to bag one in down town Hong Kong that must have been imported, of course he paid a hefty price for it, then again he is loaded with cash.

However in America when the Playstation 3 was released it was a much different story, there have been incidents of robberies, shortages, selling on ebay for extortionate prices and even attempted murder. YouTube has videos of the queues, where it was literally every man for himself in a mad chaotic scrambles, which are quite disturbing to watch. Only in America!

I love game consoles but there's no way I'd queue up or camp out over night to get my mits on one. The Playstation 3 is released over here in March 2007, I'll be happy to wait, and even then I won't get one on launch day.

1 comment:

ems said...

I cannot think of anything that I would queue and go mad for. I know that you're saying you wouldn't for this but do you think it is more of a boy than a girl thing? I'm sure boys are more obsessive.