Saturday, November 18, 2006

Manchester

I was up in Manchester again recently (these pics are a few weeks old) and had a little more chance to explore this time around. The first photo is of the Pennines, once your out of Sheffiled and heading towards Manchester there's some awesome scenary. This photo is taken from the train but there were loads of pictures that didn't really turn out or I wasn't speedy enough with the camera.

This next Photo is a short distance into Manchester from Piccadilly station, I kept wandering further in and checking my watch and keeping my bearings, I didn't have lots of time and soon had to head back to the station, but exploring is fun!

The next photo is for Pat who loves cranes (for some strange reason!) plus I wanted to show him I can take top crane photo's too, jeez I'm sounding as bad as a train spotter here! I love the way the photo turned out, as a silhouette against the fading day. There seems to be a lot of building work going on in Manchester - so any crane spotter would be spoilt for choice!

1 comment:

ems said...

The top photo almost looks unreal.

We lived in Warrington for about 18 months so spent quite a bit of time in Manchester. I liked it a lot.

Good shots of the cranes.