Friday, April 21, 2006

Ace is back and he told you so!

It’s been a great week, not because anything of great significance or magnitude has happened but because of the little things, it’s made me realise, it’s the little things that sometimes amount to more. the little things that count.

Firstly my Xbox 360 has been running fine, the back story to this is worthy of a blog of its own but hey, everyone isn’t a geek and wouldn’t be interested, geekette’s out there feel free to ask though!

(amazing, I spelt Xbox with a small x and guess what? the spell checker highlighted it in red until I changed it to a big X, how much are Microsoft actually watching us!?)

I decided to spring clean after the bank holiday hangover and dad even gave me some of his posh furniture, so my flat feels like new, at least it does till I make it a mess again.

My long running battle with the local council has concluded and it turns out they actually owe me money. Hurray for the little guys and boo to bureaucracy!

I downloaded some great tunes I’ve been after and everywhere I’ve walked with my mp3 player I’ve been almost skipping and smiling.

My eye has been feeling better and has a lovely blue tint to it now, it’s made me feel better in myself and the pain was worth it, so to patronise you all, no pain, no new eye…… erm I mean gain!

My off licence has yet again new owners, a foxy Indian woman spoke the most posh English and even sounded fab in her own tongue, plus she sold me two bottles of Pinot Grigio wine for £5

I’ve missed all the rain showers when out and about!

Today when I decided I wanted red or purple highlights in my hair I called at a salon that’s well known and the convo went like this;

‘I want red or purple highlights… but not the cheesy 80’s style ones, the patchy quilt type, sorta random, do you get me?’

‘Yeah sure but red would suit you better’

‘Well red highlights spell danger!’ (do you get the song and the joke?)

‘Hmmm your hair needs to be longer, maybe by a couple of weeks’

‘A couple of weeks will make a difference?!!’ (Its longer that it has been in a while)

‘Yes, come back then’

So I left, feeling hard done by, the candy ass male hair dresser obviously could not be arsed to do my hair on a Friday afternoon, so I walked around town and fumed. Then I realised there’s other hair dressing salons, hey this is the free west and consumers have choice! So I got myself a salon full of babes that pampered me and did my hair and guess what, if looks fab. I walked through town and heads turned!

Tonight I watched ‘Have I got news for you’ and ‘My name is Earl’ and realised comedy hasn’t gone altogether, I didn’t stop laughing.

And guess what folks? It’s been along while and despite not being the most perfect week I’ve strode through it with a swagger.

Ace is back and he told you so!
(erm they called me ace at school, as in Jay, jase, jase the Ace, its also an Ace Frehley catchphrase from the band Kiss)

4 comments:

ems said...

Glad you're feeling happy! Long may it continue...

pat said...

keep all thise happy go lucky nonsense in the midlands...

Hobbit's Journal said...

But Pat, I am a Northerner, as you well know !

The Fatalist said...

Have I Got News For You is still quality. I've only watched Earl once,& couldn't get into it, despite my mate Cookie saying it was funny. I was going to give it another go after you reccomend it here, but red hair? Nah, you've lost the plot! ;-)
At your age you really should know better...