Monday, December 12, 2005

Slapped


Browsing Saturday’s papers I read the lovely Myleene Klass had become a victim of the new craze ‘happy slapping’. It happened in her neighbourhood of Bermondsey as she was going to the local shops (I best not slag London off here!) As I understand it yobs sneak up and slap you hard whilst filming it with the mobile phone cameras. It sickens me to the bottom of my stomach that people do this sort of thing for kicks – but what can you do?

By the time you’ve recovered from the shock they will have sprinted away, if you do manage to grab one then you’ll probably get jumped on and beaten by the rest of them or the police will show up and arrest you for assaulting them! It just strikes me that justice seems to be on the decline these days; decent people try to do decent things only for the tables to be turned. Police get the wrong end of the stick or get annoyed because you interrupted their tea break at McDonalds and if it does go to court the judge goes all soft when he hears the sob story from the yobs solicitor.

We can all say what we’d do if it happened to us, say how we’d break their arms etc but in all honesty we don’t know how we’d react until it happened.

The law needs to get tough on this type of thing – and quickly.

3 comments:

ems said...

Who is she? Never seen her before.

Happy slapping is on the decline. Left school quite a while ago now.

Hobbit's Journal said...

She's from a band called 'Hear say'.

and she's foxy!

Shep said...

I have to say that following the decline of quality after their debut single Pure & Simple I'd probably hav-

Oh hang on I'd probably better not say that...