Sunday, April 01, 2012

It's April, I'm Gonna Be No Fool

March sinks slowly behind us as we stride into April. It's not been a bad month at all, weather wise it has probably been the best March I can recall and everyone has been lifted by it. The next two months ahead seem fairly busy. I've a short trip to London booked mid month and then my holiday to Malta in May.

On the downside because of finances I really have to pick and choose my forays out these days. Ironically its the time of year when lots of friends are having birthdays and such and I'm finding myself reluctantly saying 'no' to nights out, which bothers me but I simply can't afford to do everything.

Last week was kind of bitter-sweet. At the beginning of the week I someone revealed their true colours, it was unwelcome news but not entirely unexpected. True colours were finally revealed and after years of ignoring comments about said person I now have to acknowledge that maybe they were right and this person is self centred and hollow hearted. You live and learn I guess and I am the sort of person that generally ignores the comments of others and judges for myself regarding a persons merits, alas this person is the kind that says one thing and does another. It's hard to think you can feel so close to a person one minute and so distant the next.

Onto more positive news. On Friday I received a call telling me that my eye surgery has been approved and will take place in May. To be honest I didn't think it was going to happen as I mentioned in a previous blog because of the current state of the NHS. I was elated at the news so the week ended on a high.

March has also seen the growth of my other blog, the hobbit-humanist. I tentatively started it on another blogging platform and last month saw me posting twenty blogs to favourable feedback and responses.

Oh and lastly, April brings season two of Game of Thrones and I can't wait !

No comments: