Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Nell

So it came to pass a couple of weeks back that 'Nell' my trusty desktop pc died. It had been on the cards for months really but I managed to keep her going in a cobbled together fashion. Nothing lasts forever as they say and computer components seem to change overnight these days! Nell, who got her nickname from the ships computer in the sci-fi movie 'Battle beyond the stars' has done really well over the 5 or so years I've had her. So now is the time to get a new model, which I'm actually thinking of having a friend build, far cheaper and more power for your money. After checking out ebuyer.com we worked out the fundamentals of a new pc which came to £666 (the beast!), ironically when we checked the same spec machine on PC world the spec was actually slightly less but the cost was an exorbitant £1,500. I still have my laptop for day to day stuff but I don't think you can beat a tower pc as a main hub for all computing activities.

No comments: