Saturday, May 30, 2009

Lincoln ... Once Again

Here are some photos of my day out in Lincoln earlier this week. A kind of business and pleasure trip with a tour around the cathedral with some clients to round the day off. Lincoln is such a lovely place, especially the area surrounding the cathedral. Though I think the cathedral is an amazing building organised religion isn't really my thing at all. I love the history to it but that's as far as it goes.
(Above) The Water Tower, and believe me it's massive when you get up close.

(Above) There are lots of archways like this around Lincon.



(Below) Steep Hill


(Above) A raiding party of ducks makes an attack on the exposed castle gate!




(Below) Is the fabled 'Lincoln Imp', the only such Imp to be found in the cathedral, he's the little fella lit up ... my kinda guy!


(Below) The cathedral organ.



(Above) An alter where you can light a candle and pray... if that's your thing!


(Above) A shrine.

(Above) Underneath the trapdoor are the original cathedral foundations.

(Above) A stained class window, the cathedral has several windows from different time periods.

No comments: