Thursday, March 22, 2007

300

Well the first real trip out after the operation today, I kind of felt like a school kid out on a field trip. Dad kindly drove me to see '300' at the cinema (I paid for him too!), the movie version of Frank Millers comic book and wow, what a movie!!
Amazingly dad hasn't been to the cinema since he took me to see Star Wars in 1977 when he fell asleep during the film! So when we went into the massive mulitplex cinema I think he quite liked it. We both enjoyed the film, Gerard Butler was amazing as King Leonidas, Lena Heady was sensual as Queen Gorgo, proof you don't need big names to make a solid film. Though I thought the guy that played King Xerxes (Rodrigo Santoro) came across as very 80's Ru Paul. The story didn't really go over the top as I expected and pretty much stayed in format with Miller and Varleys hardback comic book and the actual historical tale.
Anyway, definately one to go and watch.

2 comments:

Fat-man said...

Have to agree totally about your comments about 300. I loved it too!

Will be sure to add this to my DVD collection once available.

pat said...

not strictly in tune with the proceedings.
while the action was good it was a deeply silly and very homoerotic film.
lots of fun though.