Friday, December 09, 2011

Britain Will Prevail

So the latest Euro summit is over and the media say Britain stands alone. I'll admit I'm not into financial and monetary stuff, I try to follow it as best I can and grasp its complexities but I do know this, from what I read and see - the Euro seemingly isn't working. When ever I've been abroad the locals always seem disenfranchised with the Euro, it has raised prices and the cost of living they say.

I'll also say I'm not a Conservative but I'm just happy Cameron said No and used his veto at the summit to hopefully protect our interests. I don't want the Euro, I want my bank notes and coins with the Queens head on it, why? Because I'm a patriot and I love my country, for all its rich history, for its beautiful places but most of all for the British people who despite their odd faults and quirks are genuinely warm, caring and accepting.

We stood alone a few decades ago when shadows over Europe loomed, we were alone then and by great valour, courage and determination Great Britain prevailed !

No comments: