Sunday, December 18, 2011

Beers, Celebrations and Goodbyes

Last night was a night of celebration and goodbyes. Simon, manager of my local the Fox & Crown left for pastures new down south and it was Lee's Birthday, the manager of the Wheatsheaf, another fairly local pub of mine. Simon has been the manager of the Fox for 4 years, I remember his arrival and I recall him being fairly quiet and shy initially. Over the last four years there's been some epic nights in the Fox with revelry, carnage, song and dance, and those memories shall stay with me. I have to hand it to Simon that the Fox at times isn't an easy gig, he lived on site so pretty much lived and breathed the Fox for his duration, I think that would have stifled anyone in the end. He's moving down south to live with his girlfriend and I wish him well for the future, I expect he'll always know he has friends and a warm welcome if he returns. There have been times when I (and others) have been a handful in there but he never moaned, though I suspect he gritted his teeth at some of our antics (and maybe laughed a little as well!)

Also it was Lee's birthday over in the Wheatsheaf, another great fella and a man that loves his job and his home town and indeed he is a credit to it.

So as you can see from the photos below, much beer and revelry took place last night and good fun it was too!






No comments: