Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Stupidity And Revelation

A depressing day today. Stomach ache to begin with and a muted morning filled with thoughts of apathy and futility - it's not me at all really. Nonchalant grey clouds hung in the sky above Nottingham and I felt detached from the city as I made for home, it all felt like some very pallid pointless dream. Not even listening to Infected Mushroom and the nubile multicultural amazons of Nottingham can lift me.

It was a day of stupidity and revelation. The stupidity coming from an oldish woman letting her precious pet dogs pee between the automatic doors opening in the entrance to the train station to reading revelations on Sartre and existentialism on the sojourn home.

It's about time the state got tough on dogs and dog owners, reintroduce high dog licence fee's I say and you'd see a lot less of this kind of thing. You wouldn't get the whimsical crowd having dogs to appease inane urges of vanity.

I get back home and feel totally craven about the day, my book read being the highlight. Its on days like this when you loathe everything that death and nothingness seems an appealing promise ahead of you, a silence and darkness which are the perfect escape, nothing can succour today for me, I just want to be alone till this cloud passes.

No comments: