Sunday, February 07, 2010

The Story So Far ...

January has been and gone, and very cold it was too. I saw Gary off before he flew back to Hong Kong on new years eve, drove home, elected to stay in for the new year and bolted down the hatches and dug in for a bleak cold month.

The weather didn't let me down and we had snow aplenty. Fortunately the tv was good, celebrity big brother, Survivors, Dan Snow's 'Empire of the Sea', Paul Merton in Europe and the very cringe worthy 'Take me out' with Paddy McGuiness, oh and not forgetting the return of the Gadget show.

Regime wise, well things went well, no beer for about 3 whole weeks and then only a tentative tipple. Sensible eating at sensible times and more importantly sensible portions. The upshot was a bit of weight dropped off and I felt much better in myself. I've not started the writing projects I have planned but I have been blogging more, so that's good. Friend wise? Well part of the new years resolution was to forge stronger friendships this year as I feel it needs to be done in certain cases, I'm happy to say that seems to be going well too.

All in all, January has been a slow but good month marred only by the death of a friend (See: The Big Empty blog). I've a holiday booked for later this month, well just over a week away and I can't tell you how excited I am about it and how much I need it, it's been far too long. I've also been doing stuff at a new project in Nottingham and I'm really enjoying the involvement. So there you go, a little update of sorts.

No comments: