Friday, May 30, 2008

Beer Fest !

Though I've been in Newark a while now I've never been to one of the beer festivals here, the truth being I've always heard mixed reports. I'm not really a real ale sycophant either, though I do like it, I don't sample it with train spotter enthusiasm and diagnostics. Sure I worked in a brewery for many years and I do know a good pint but I've never been fanatical about real ales.
I have to confess to liking the tradition side, the fact its still alive and well and part of our heritage and culture.
This year was the 13th Newark beer festival and I really didn't fancy going but at the 11th hour and such a shitty week beforehand I went down and met up with some friends, I'm really glad I did too because I enjoyed it immensely, so much so I went Saturday night too.
There were hundreds of beers to choose from and you got to keep your commemorative glass tankard too after paying the entrance fee, which wasn't much. The whole event had some great music on and was very well organised and set up with lots of hard work from the camra (campaign for real ale) volunteers.
Saturday one of my fave local blues bands 'Booba dust' were on and I watched them whilst sampling some very weird and wonderful ciders!

And here is Booba Dust below in full boogie!


No comments: