Friday, December 03, 2010

Snow

Never since I've moved to Newark have I known snow like this. On Tuesday the trains stopped running, the town seemed devoid of life, even my local supermarket was a breeze to get around. Most of the other shops had not bothered opening (wise indeed) and the market had been abandoned, though I hear a couple of plucky stall holders still made it. It looks like most of the nation has been gripped with a rather premature freeze and Scotland has had the worst of it (let them have it!!!). I just hope it's all gone before my holiday abroad in three weeks and my plane is clear for take off.




My car from the bedroom window, covered in snow!



A view of the car park opposite my flat.



The gloomy church yard as I passed through to go to the local supermarket.

No comments: