Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Stuff and nonsense ~ 1

I feel the urge to waffle so for regular readers I’m going to call waffle type blogs ‘Stuff & nonsense’ at least that way you can give it a swerve if you don’t want to read my everyday stuff.

My dad has finally entered the realm of personal computers, work was selling off some cheap ones for £80 and they were very good for the money so I grabbed dad one. I was over at dads at the weekend taking him through his first tentative steps on the pc, it was quite funny really but then it struck me that although dad doesn’t know how to use a pc he can strip and rebuild an engine, something I cannot do, it was a classic case of the generation gap, things being more hands on in dads day.

One thing that’s bugging me is the amount of junk mail I’m getting via Mr Postman, when I had to sign for a parcel the other day I asked why I was getting so much of it and he replied he gets paid extra for the leaflets he posts, good for him I say but a waste on resources really, plus they always get binned by me, its sort of reality spam.

My psychotherapy certificate arrived yesterday, so that closes that chapter, I was surprised it was level 3, the last part of the diploma being level 2, so I was a happy bunny. Of course now I have to go and get a counselling type job but in truth I’d rather be a film extra, backpacker or a multitude of others that flit through my mind daily.

Oh yes, I had a huge hangover at the weekend too, thanks go out to Holsten pils for that!

2 comments:

pat said...

reality spam ?
someone has been livig in the virtual world too long.

ems said...

I'm lucky if I get my post from the Royal Mail - junk would be welcome - at least I'd know they hadn't completely forgotten about us.